For online publication at epiphanyzine.com. We are looking for essays about poetry, and we are particularly interested in:
- creative essays on poetry and poetic craft
- personal essays inspired by individual poems or books of poetry
- book reviews of previously underrated or upcoming books of poetry
- interviews with poets; and
- conversations between poets
We will consider work in all forms and traditions, from all voices and backgrounds, but are particularly interested in work from international writers, writers of color, LGBTQIA writers, and minority voices writing from liminal spaces.
1. Submit one piece at a time.
2. Format in 12-pt font, double-spaced.
3. 3000 words or less.
4. Tell us if you're submitting simultaneously to other publications (and please withdraw promptly through Submittable should your work be accepted elsewhere).
5. We only consider previously unpublished work.
6. Please include your name, title, and word count on the first page of the submitted file.
We pay $50 for "Practice of Poetry" essays that we publish online.
**Discounted 1-year subscriptions ($20) are available upon submission, as an add-on item at the payment stage.
We aim to respond to submissions within three to four months, ideally much sooner. Please be patient: we give thoughtful and thorough consideration to each submission. We look forward to receiving your work!